JOB TITLE: Forklift Operator (Reach Truck Driver)
REPORTS TO: Fulfillment Supervisor
SHIFT: 2nd Shift (Swing Shift) - Monday-Thursday
Here at the Funko Distribution Center we are one building ensuring we always deliver to our fans putting Funko First. This position requires operating a Reach Truck in a distribution center environment. Requires ability to maneuver Reach Truck through narrow aisles, extracting pallets of product from multiple levels of racks while maintaining safe work practices. Requires use of a scanner to select/record placement/extraction of pallets of product accurately within scheduled time frame.
What You’ll Do
This role may include, but not limited to the following functions:
- Able to safely operate a Reach Truck
- Able to safely operate a Pallet Jack
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Funko’s Warehouse 5S standards; report all safety hazards and alert management of unsafe work practices
- Actively participate in all continuous improvement training sessions
- Follow Standard Work Processes
- Maintain work area in accordance with 5S standards
- Able to respond to frequent changes in order demand as determined by sales/procurement
- May serve as backup to Yard Truck Driver with valid CDL as needed
- You may be required to pick, pack, and ship in other areas/departments
- May be required to meet the needs of the business by performing/supporting work or working in other areas/departments and performing functions that are beyond the scope of your role
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring
- Ability to stand for a full shift (8, 10 or 12 hours)
- Ability to understand written, electronic and verbal instructions/directions
- Flexibility to work any shift, any area/department, and support/perform other functions/roles beyond the scope of your regular job duties in a multi-shift one building operation
- Ability and passion to learn new fulfillment methodology – process new information quickly
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency required to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and comfortable collaborating and participating in a
- Initiative to work with minimal instruction or direction
- Working experience with Windows, and Microsoft Office
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year operating a Reach Truck forklift in a similar work environment
- Valid CDL Preferred
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, bend up/down and twist their upper body, and squat/stoop, step or kneel. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
- The employee must frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally pull large pallets of product with a lift truck weighing up to 525 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.