CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
- Design miniature and full-size sets, scale dioramas, scenic elements, props and digital graphics for Toy Fairs, trade show displays, TVC’s, Sizzles, YouTube video series, stop motion and toy related photo shoots – from sketches and/or formal drawings from Mattel Brand, gallery and toy display designers. Daily use of 3D CAD rendering software, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Create executable CNC cut files for production of all elements in the design.
- Create detail and assembly drawings for internal shop personnel for scenic/functional elements and Mattel campus improvement projects.
- Create or modify print-ready graphic files for full size and miniature creative projects.
- Material selection.
- Source off-the-shelf items as needed.
- Liaison with department leads as required.
What Your Impact Will Be:
What We’re Looking For:
- Demonstrated a growth mindset by staying curious and continuously learning, embracing challenges, and improving themselves.
- Designs and develops moderately complex projects and performs moderately complex design tasks.
- Generates creative concepts and translates them into complete 3-D products.
- Participates in the early stages of product development to ensure the product is manufactured within cost and target profit margins while delivering original aesthetic value.
- Collaborates with various team members throughout the design process.
- Assists in the development of presentation materials for Design, Marketing, and Executive management.
- Well-rounded understanding of design principles and practices; set design, metal fabrication, graphic design, composition, layout, pattern making.
- Broad knowledge of the policies and procedures used in the job.
- Established ability to communicate in 2-D and 3-D.
- Emphasis in three or more specialized design disciplines (drawing / illustration, computer 3-D modeling, photography / digital imagery).
- Knowledge of various Raw materials; textiles, plastics, etc. in addition to the Manufacturing Process.
- Proficient in: Vectorworks, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office
The base hourly rate for this position is between $26.90 to $33.65.
**This range is indicative of projected hiring range, however base hourly rate will be determined based on a candidate’s work location, skills and experience.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Mattel we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Our Approach to Flexible Work:
We embrace a flexible work model designed to empower a culture of growth, optimism, and wellbeing, where every employee can reach their full potential. Combining purposeful in-person collaboration with flexibility, our focus is to optimize performance and drive connection for moments that matter.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work™ and as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2022.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, military spouses, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.