You’re part of a proud tradition when you work with us at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. From our humble beginnings in 1946 as Santa Claus Land, America’s first theme park has grown into a world-class attraction in the heart of Santa Claus, Indiana. Holiday World’s top-ranked coasters and attractions, along with its lovingly restored and maintained classic rides, are matched only by Splashin’ Safari water park—the Water Coaster Capital of the World. Since 1946, the parks have been owned and operated by the Koch family, and that makes all the difference. When you work for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, we treat you like family because we are a family.
Maintenance Technicians are responsible for keeping a facility operating and repairing any problems when they are discovered before they have a chance to worsen. This role will usually be required to perform a wide range of repair tasks for rides, attractions, vehicles, and other mechanical devices in the park. These Technicians are responsible for applying preventative measures to attractions to reduce the risk of future problems.
Maintenance Technicians are also eligible for our new skill-based pay program! This compensation program allows our Part & Full-Time Maintenance Team to increase their rate of pay by developing their knowledge and skills at our parks through the completion of certifications and cross-training in other departments.
- Comply with all policies, rules, and regulations of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari
- Ensure the safe operation of the Rides for our Team Members and Guests
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair various systems including automation, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance on park rides, equipment, vehicles, and other mechanical devices
- Inspect roller coaster trains
- Diagnose problems with control systems at wooden coasters to prevent/solve downtime
- Learn new tasks and skills at the park and attending company-sponsored training off-site, if needed
- Disassemble and reassemble machinery
- Perform highly diversified duties to maintain park operation
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnose problems, replace, or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Document maintenance activities and close out work orders
- Lead the safety effort by personal example
- Adhere to SOPs and other work procedures as required to assist employees and assure Guest satisfaction
- Use and maintain Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari’s equipment and property in the appropriate manner
- Always follow instructions of posted safety signs and warnings to ensure your personal well-being
- Immediately report all injuries to your direct supervisor, management on duty, or the Full-Time Safety Team
- “Safety First” is not just a slogan – it must be our #1 priority!
- Other duties as assigned by management
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of three years’ experience in mechanical, electrical, or instrumentation maintenance preferred
- Industrial maintenance experience preferred
- Knowledge and ability to inspect, maintain, and repair various rides and equipment throughout the parks
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair various mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, diagrams, and instructions
- Ability to operate a skid steer loader, manlift, and forklift, use hand power tools such as electric drills, saws, grinders, hoists, impact wrenches, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Ability to properly use a respirator and pass a full-face respirator fit test, if needed
- Ability to wear PPE
- Dependable attendance record
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work full-time and weekends
- Acceptable pre-employment drug screen and background check
Holiday World & Splashin' Safari offers competitive wages and benefits, including a generous 401(k) match, bonus program, PTO accrual program, tuition discounts and reimbursements, free season passes and tickets, and much more!
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
For the safety of our Guests and our staff, Holiday World & Splashin' Safari conducts background checks on all applicants aged 18 or older and we follow all federal and state laws, FCRA regulations and EEOC guidance regarding the use of criminal records in the hiring process. Unless otherwise provided by law, a criminal record will not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee from employment.