About the team
We are a team of enterprise technology professionals who own the Digital content Supply Chain (DSC), workflow automation, cloud operations to power our modern media supply chain platform.. The Staff Software Engineer will report to our Director of Software Engineering, Enterprise Technology.
We are considering applicants for our Hyderabad office. Our Hyderabad office is centrally located within the Knowledge City, Hitech City, Madhapur area making it convenient and easily accessible for our team members from across the city.
About the role
- You will work with your team to create, add, enhance or debug video asset workflow management to new heights and create an awe-inspiring experience for our fans worldwide!
- You will develop efficient services and infrastructure for media asset workflow automation - ingestion, encoding, transcoding, delivery & playback with QC
- You will work with product teams to lead both new features and maintain important consumer-facing services
- You will collaborate with our teams and ensure they are successful in ingesting video content, management, and its distribution / consumption
- You will establish mechanisms to ensure the ingested content is delivered to our end-users in an optimized and secured manner (protected with DRM)
- You will collaborate with client engineering teams, infrastructure, and core system teams, ensuring the highest quality video playback to fans
- You will build and support Crunchyroll video supply chain platform
- You will work with program management to ensure that all individual projects are appropriately supported and delivered successfully
- You will ensure application software development process is deployed accurately for all projects
We get excited about candidates, like you, because...
- You have 8+ years of high level API, abstraction layers, and application software development experience
- You have 4+ years experience building scalable, serverless solutions in GCP or AWS
- You have experience with large-scale distributed systems and streaming data services
- You have built, developed, and maintained cloud native infrastructure, serverless architecture, micro-operations and workflow automation
- You are a problem-solver who succeeds in finding solutions to difficult technical challenges
- You have experience in Github, Gitlab, CI/CD, Jira, unit testing, integration testing, regression testing, and collaborative documentation
- You have expertise with GCP, Kubernetes, Docker, or containerization, MongoDB, MAP/TRR is a great plus
- You write and assess clean, functional, high quality and testable code for each of our projects
- You are a positive and solution-focused team contributor
Why you will love working at Crunchyroll
In addition to getting to work with fun, passionate and inspired colleagues, you will also enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Receive a great compensation package including salary plus performance bonus earning potential, paid annually.
- Flexible time off policies allowing you to take the time you need to be your whole self.
- Medical and personal accident insurance