About The Team
The Crunchyroll Cloud Ops Team is a group of cloud engineers passionate about automating the platform to allow our software developers to deploy their applications. Our customers are software engineers and other teams who work around us every day and need our support. We live to make things easier for them to develop, test, and deploy new features and applications. Together we aim to bring an extraordinary experience to our community of fans.
You will report directly to the Director of Cloud Operations; this role is based in Hyderabad, India.
- The Staff Cloud Ops Engineer is accountable for a continuous, repeatable, secure, and automated deployment, integration, and test solutions using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and DevSecOps techniques
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in infrastructure design, implementation, and delivery
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with monitoring tools (Datadog, New Relic, or Splunk)
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with Container orchestration services including Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience working across time zones and with different cultures
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Cloud technologies (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Maintain an outstanding level of documentation, including principles, practices, and project plans
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code patterns and practices, and related automation tools such as Terraform, Jenkins, Spinnaker, CircleCI, etc. built automation and tools using languages like Python, Go, Java, or Ruby.
- Knowledge of CICD tools and platforms such as GitHub workflows, and Azure DevOps
- Experience automating long-term solutions to problems rather than applying a quick fix
- Hands-on experience improving platform observability and implementing optimizations to monitoring tools
- Experience measuring and modelling cost and performance metrics of cloud services and establishing a vision backed by data
- Develop tools and CI/CD framework to make it easier for teams to build, configure, and deploy applications
- Contribute to Cloud strategy discussions on overall Cloud design and best approach for implementing Cloud solutions
- Follow and Develop standards and procedures for all aspects of a Digital Platform in the Cloud
- Identify system enhancements and automation opportunities for installing/maintaining digital platforms
A day in the life of our Staff Engineer:
We lead a 24/7 global operation. Our team works in shifts, and we split projects and on-call duties across time zones. We believe in having a work-life balance, and striving to maintain it. You may find yourself doing any of the following on any given day:
- Work with the team to break down large, technical projects into smaller tasks and collaborating with your team’s manager to forecast deliveries over multiple sprints
- Assist other development teams in incident containment or root-cause analysis post-mortem
- Promptly escalate issues to senior members of the team
Why you will love working at Crunchyroll
In addition to getting to work with fun, passionate and inspired colleagues, you will also enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Receive a great compensation package including salary plus performance bonus earning potential, paid annually.
- Flexible time off policies allowing you to take the time you need to be your whole self.
- Generous medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health Saving Account HSA program
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan, with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- Support program for new parents
- Pet insurance and some of our offices are pet friendly!