About the role
As a VP Product Management for video experience, you will help define the video content delivery roadmap and customer experience for video across all platforms and geographies. You will participate in developing the video strategy, and develop product roadmaps to implement that vision. You will work with engineering, project management, design, content operations, finance, legal, business development, customer service, content acquisition, and executive teams to launch products, develop business opportunities, and enhance our customer experience.
We are looking for someone with experience in one or more areas of core video playback (encoding, delivery, live broadcast, ads insertion, client playback), has experience building product teams that manages video player and playback for streaming services. You will also have a track record in taking on end-to-end ownership.
- Help define the video content delivery roadmap and customer experience for video across all platforms and geographies.
- Lead the video strategy for the streaming platform, and develop product roadmaps to implement that vision.
- You are customer-focused, team-oriented
- Dig in to tools like MUX and Data dog to lead hypothesis and recommendations.
- Experience working with Media Asset Management tools and video encoding pipelines.
In the role of VP of Video Experience & Delivery, you will report to the SVP of Product Management
We are considering applicants for the location(s) of Culver City, SanFrancisco and Dallas.
We get excited about candidates, like you, because...
- Bachelor's degree and 15+ years in product management.
- Product management experience in streaming subscription services
- Have experience in one or more areas of core video playback (encoding, delivery, live broadcast,, client playback)
- Have technical understanding of latest video encoding, playback standards
- Experience working with multi-platform products on mobile, web and OTT.
- Demonstrate product instincts and the ability to balance technical, user and our needs.
- 8+ years of experience leading and motivating, product management teams in an Agile environment.
About the Team
It's an amazing time to join Crunchyroll's product team as we continue to widen our global reach as the largest anime streaming provider. The Product Team is a cornerstone of the culture and the app experience that millions of customers work with daily. We're responsible for making sure the products we ship provide solutions to our millions of subscribers & anime fans.
Why you will love working at Crunchyroll
In addition to getting to work with fun, passionate and inspired colleagues, you will also enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Receive a great compensation package including salary plus performance bonus earning potential, paid annually.
- Flexible time off policies allowing you to take the time you need to be your whole self.
- Generous medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health Saving Account HSA program
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan, with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- Support program for new parents
- Pet insurance and some of our offices are pet friendly!