Provides support to help the HR department run the daily functions by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure that departments are complying with our policies and procedures (Reducing overtime when not needed, monitoring attendance, etc)
- Works directly with the staffing agencies to coordinate temporary employee staffing, reports, and invoices
- Processing paperwork on promotions, demotions and separations
- Update employee files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses (vacation and LOA requests)
- Find and present the best candidates for consideration
- Facilitate the recruitment process from posting openings to a successful offer
- Maintain compliance with legal standards and company guidelines
- Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications
- Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job boards and websites
- Source and recruit candidates by using databases, social media, and other online platforms
- Screen candidates’ resumes and job applications
- Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting selection tools and methods to filter candidates for relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience, and aptitudes
- Support hiring for all departments by collaborating with Managers
- Must have a positive attitude, be encouraging, engaging, and realistic about potential matches
- Represents the Company to potential employees and acts as a role model
- Process weekly payroll
- Assist HR department with planning and executing employee events
- Update and remove all postings on bulletin boards as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Inherent in each position is a general duty to maintain each respective work area in a safe and sanitary condition. Regular, predictable, full-time attendance is required as an essential function of this position. The employee may be required to perform other such duties within the scope of their employment as may be assigned. The employee must also possess the ability to take direction, follow instructions, work with others, follow work rules and schedules, and focus on details.
No supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information. Demonstrated ability to take initiative with results and customer focused attitude.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree (A. A.) from two-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. An equivalency of education could possibly fulfill formal degree requirements.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to communicate to all employees at all levels with tact and diplomacy.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Human Resource systems; Payroll systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
**All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.**