The Director of Data Engineering will own and build the core components of Tubi’s batch and Streaming data platform. This includes building out and running small teams to focus on the data lake, governance, batch compute and streaming pipelines for our data. With realtime data becoming more important for reactive AI pipelines, Tubi’s data infrastructure is key to being able to build and iterate quickly with high volume datasets that update at 100s of thousands of events per second.
An integral pillar of the Data Platform team, you will be responsible for directing, growing, and up-leveling a hybrid remote team of engineers. You will work closely with your leadership peers to refine and grow Tubi’s data platform into a well oiled data mesh. A hands on leadership role, this role will require you to get your hands dirty to lead by example when necessary, as well as handle the direction and strategy for your team.
- Own data infrastructure at Tubi, including small teams that handle
- ML Data Infrastructure
- Job orchestration
- Data Governance / Data Retention
- Streaming Infrastructure
- Cost Containment / Forecasting
- Security and Infrastructure Planning
- Work closely with the Tubi infrastructure team to make sure data infrastructure is secure and easily maintained
- Own infrastructure as code tooling to help engineers easily deploy data infrastructure
- Hiring & Mentoring
- Manage and grow a team of 8 hybrid engineers and managers, turning them into self-sustaining, high functioning teams.
- You've been in the trenches building high volume batch & streaming data pipelines and the cloud infrastructure to support them
- You have 4+ years of experience in a leadership role, directly managing managers & engineers
- You were/are an expert coder with 5+ years of hands on development experience (preferably in python, scala, or java)
- You have significant experience with big data streaming platforms (Spark Streaming or Flink)
- Experience with job orchestration tools like Airflow or Dagster
- Experience with cloud platforms (Preferably AWS)
- Experience building out and supporting privacy compliance for GDPR or CCPA