CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Team: The Part-Time Host position is part of the American Girl Dallas retail store's Bistro team.
The Opportunity: The American Girl Dallas retail store and bistro is looking for a dynamic individual to deliver an outstanding dining experience to our guests as a Part-Time Host in our Bistro. The Host is responsible for greeting and seating restaurant guests, managing reservations and working with the restaurant team. If you thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment and can handle challenging service situations with sound judgment and a positive, professional demeanor, we want to hear from you.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Greets guests promptly and provides timely seating of guests by maintaining accurate waitlists, while maximizing seating capacity.
- Manages large crowds in a professional manner and is able to resolve challenging service situations diplomatically.
- Creates and maintains a pleasant ambiance in the dining room and party rooms through lighting, music and table placement.
- Communicates accurate dining room and party room setup, along with special requests and birthday information, to the restaurant team.
- Shares information on the store and restaurant events with guests.
- Utilizes Guestbridge reservation and InfoGenesis register systems, along with Microsoft Office, to perform job functions.
- Initiates training opportunities with restaurant staff.
- Assists restaurant staff as needed in providing an outstanding dining experience.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience as a restaurant host, hotel concierge, or related customer service position, preferred.
- Computer skills including restaurant reservation and POS systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and use of basic office equipment (copiers/fax), preferred.
- Experience working with children, preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
American Girl is subsidiary of Mattel, a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work™ and as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2022.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.