About the Team
Our Proprietary Brands team focuses on building brands that are exclusive to PetSmart and that pet parents and pets love. Our team partners with product development, merchandising, product design, product integrity and global sourcing to bring the brand essence to life in product form. About the Location
This position may be considered Hybrid based on PetSmart’s FlexSmart policy and business needs. A Hybrid work arrangement is considered to be a blend of onsite and remote work activity. Associates with a Hybrid work arrangement have a work space at Phoenix Home Office and can be required to come onsite between 1-5 days a week as determined by leadership and based on business needs. About the Job
We are the Quality Regulatory Compliance Department. We ensure that PetSmart products are safe, compliant and perform as intended for our customers and their pets. We do this by creating and managing product standards, fostering a healthy supplier quality management program, and initiating product & process improvements related to Quality and Compliance for PetSmart Proprietary Brands.
Essential Functions of the Role:
About the Culture
- Ensure applicable PetSmart Proprietary Brands pet food, treats, supplements, and flea & tick products are registered in each state as required. Submit by the established deadlines proper registration documents, process payments, and maintain packaging artwork files.
- Track and monitor timely resolution for product violation notices from States to report metrics monthly, quarterly, and annually. Maintain and recommend improvements for tracking tools to ensure compliance registration requirements.
- As the primary Point of Contact, develop relationships with State Regulators to assist with registration process. Negotiate timelines and implementation plans for packaging updates in the marketplace.
- Learn AAFCO Labeling requirements for pet food to be a subject matter expert and Regulatory backup resource for product packaging claims and substantiation. Review and provide feedback on product labels and package claims to ensure compliance.
- Support horizon scanning efforts alongside internal and external partners to research regulations pertaining to product claims, labeling and registration requirements.
- Perform accurate and on-time administrative processing of payments (check and electronic) for state registration, tonnage, and license renewals.
- Maintain relationships with Accounts Payable, Finance and Business Planning to help manage and track approximately $1.3MM registration budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
At PetSmart, we work hard to create a culture where every associate feels like they truly belong and we celebrate the unique stories, backgrounds, and experiences our associates share. These experiences not only bring new perspectives in shaping our Belonging culture but they’re core to PetSmart’s success.
Not sure if you meet 100% of the position requirements and whether you should apply? We’d still like to hear from you and encourage you to apply with us! You just may be the ideal candidate for this role, and if not this one, perhaps another position.
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- On-site Dog Park
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- On-site coffee bar
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility (associate paid)
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart here: https://www.lifeatpetsmart.com/life-at-petsmart/
- Check out Associate stories and share in some celebrations at PetSmart: https://www.blog.lifeatpetsmart.com/
- Explore PetSmart Benefits here: https://benefits.petsmart.com/
- If you don't already live in the Phoenix area here's a guide to the area: Welcome to Phoenix Guide
PetSmart provides an equal opportunity for all associates and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.