About the Team
Our Product Development group focuses on delivering customer-centric innovations that are available only at PetSmart. This allows us to create products and solutions that our pet parents are asking for that they can’t find anywhere else. This team partners with Merchandising, Brand Management, Product Design & Integrity, and Global Sourcing to bring the product from vision to reality.
About the Location
This position may be considered Hybrid based on PetSmart’s FlexSmart policy and business needs. A Hybrid work arrangement is considered to be a blend of onsite and remote work activity. Associates with a Hybrid work arrangement have a work space at Phoenix Home Office and can be required to come onsite between 1-5 days a week as determined by leadership and based on business needs.
About the Job
We are the Proprietary Brands Quality and Compliance Team. We ensure that PetSmart products are safe, compliant and perform well for our customers and their pets. We do this by building and managing product standards, fostering a rigorous supplier quality management program, and driving product & process improvements.
- Continually build and maintain product quality standards that are in line with applicable safety, regulatory and internal requirements.
- Work with Product Formulation & Design, Brand Management and Buying teams to identify product quality performance expectations by brand and category. Support by building out product testing protocols, establishing critical to quality attributes, and identifying critical to quality manufacturing controls.
- Regularly meet with the Brand & Product Design teams to discuss new or changing products and offer insight on product quality from online customer reviews, customer complaints and store feedback.
- Work with Domestic & Global Sourcing teams to ensure vendors have the right manufacturing capabilities and controls to consistently deliver quality product.
- Partner with Design, GSQA and vendors to perform root cause analysis and implement corrective action preventative actions (CAPA) for trending quality issues. Review and provide follow up on failed product testing and inspections.
- Work with 3rd party Labs on protocols, product testing, product inspections and consulting.
- Track, report and elevate trending significant product issues.
- Assess supplier technical capability
- Determine new testing protocols
- Disposition product testing/inspections
- Benchmark products against competition to establish quality standards
- Troubleshoot product technical issues (electrical, mechanical, material)
- Execute root cause analysis and corrective action plans
- Investigate customer complaints
- Create solutions as a part of the technical team
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering field or related work experience
- Root Cause Analysis experience
- Proficient with ANSI standards
- Knowledge of statistics
- Problem solving/analysis
- Results Oriented
- Passion for Pets and People
Nice to Haves:
- Six Sigma Lean Certification a plus
- Experience in apparel/molding
- Experience working with EPA & CPSC
About the Culture
At PetSmart, we work hard to create a culture where every associate feels like they truly belong and we celebrate the unique stories, backgrounds, and experiences our associates share. These experiences not only bring new perspectives in shaping our Belonging culture but they’re core to PetSmart’s success.
Not sure if you meet 100% of the position requirements and whether you should apply? We’d still like to hear from you and encourage you to apply with us! You just may be the ideal candidate for this role, and if not this one, perhaps another position.
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- On-site Dog Park
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- On-site coffee bar
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility (associate paid)
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart here: https://www.lifeatpetsmart.com/life-at-petsmart/
- Check out Associate stories and share in some celebrations at PetSmart: https://www.blog.lifeatpetsmart.com/
- Explore PetSmart Benefits here: https://benefits.petsmart.com/
- If you don't already live in the Phoenix area here's a guide to the area:Welcome to Phoenix Guide
PetSmart provides an equal opportunity for all associates and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.