About the Team
Our Human Resources team defies all conventional expectations and is a business-connected solutions provider. The work we do directly aligns with the company’s core areas of focus, and we ensure that associates and leaders are ready to support those strategic objectives. Our HR team is comprised of different departments, including Talent Acquisition, HR business partners, Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits, and Shared Services. We enable meaningful careers for all and build our Associate Workplace Experience! About the Location
This position may be considered Hybrid based on PetSmart’s FlexSmart policy and business needs. A Hybrid work arrangement is considered to be a blend of onsite and remote work activity. Associates with a Hybrid work arrangement have a work space at Phoenix Home Office and can be required to come onsite between 1-5 days a week as determined by leadership and based on business needs. About the Job
This position partners with the Director, Benefits and Offerings to manage PetSmart’s benefits programs, including oversight of legal regulatory and compliance requirements, vendor relationships, and the implementation, design, and support of new vendor set-up and integration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly manages PetSmart’s benefits programs across US, PR, Canada and Asia. Back-up to the Director, Benefits and Offerings.
- Oversees the implementation, design, and sustainability of new benefit offerings.
- Manages health and welfare governing plan documents (including SPD, amendments, wrap document, etc.) Updates documents annually for accuracy, with the assistance of counsel.
- Provides support to the carrier medical plan appeal process for escalated claims (RX and Medical.)
- Assists with responses to all ERISA demand letters, in partnership with counsel.
- Supports Paid Time Off program, including time away legislation changes and vacation accruals per company policy, in partnership with HRIS and Payroll.
- Identifies vendor partners and benefits solutions that meet the needs of the organization.
- Leads vendor management including but not limited to:
- Manage vendor relationships through their entire lifecycle, including termination or renewal of contracts.
- Manage vendor performance agreed-upon KPIs and SLAs, taking corrective action when necessary.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and cost savings within vendor relationships.
- Act as the primary point of contact between the organization and vendors, resolving issues and escalating as needed.
- Ensure data security and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements in vendor relationships.
- Provides direction and support to external Health & Wellness Consultant for wellness activities – design communications, identify offerings, coordinate events, educate associates and administers on-site activities.
- Manages health and welfare, paid time off and retirement plans, legal regulatory and policy compliance program and provides guidance that address risk or non-compliant findings. Recommends program changes to mitigate risk and non-compliance. Maintains a strong partnership with Leave of Absence team to support legal regulatory and policy compliance.
- Design control systems to ensure cyclical compliance activities are completed in a timely fashion and in alignment with regulations.
- Function as a project manager for large-scale cross-functional process improvement projects; develop project plans including timelines, requirements, and execution of such plans including training and transitioning to end user departments. Ensures execution within budget and scope, as set by Director or project steering committee.
- Responsible for the protection and privacy of sensitive health data, ensuring compliance with HIPAA and other data protection regulations.
- Maintain comprehensive records of compliance activities, audits, and reports for internal and external purposes.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- 5 – 7 years experience in benefits program administration required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Provides indirect support to Benefits Administration team
- May provide leadership to more junior staff
- Must operate independently with limited oversight from leadership. Able to make autonomous decisions at the enterprise-level.
- Must demonstrate business and financial acumen.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Must possess outstanding organizational skills, including attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate ability to build partnerships/relationships with internal and external partners, leveraging interpersonal skills to build trust.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Must demonstrate excellent change management skills to help others adapt with change in direction.
- Must be proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite including experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Must demonstrate a high level of intellectual, professional and interpersonal ability and flexibility.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment are characteristic of those found in a typical office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform essential functions. About the Culture
At PetSmart, we work hard to create a culture where every associate feels like they truly belong and we celebrate the unique stories, backgrounds, and experiences our associates share. These experiences not only bring new perspectives in shaping our Belonging culture but they’re core to PetSmart’s success.
Not sure if you meet 100% of the position requirements and whether you should apply? We’d still like to hear from you and encourage you to apply with us! You just may be the ideal candidate for this role, and if not this one, perhaps another position.
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- On-site Dog Park
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- On-site coffee bar
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility (associate paid)
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart here: https://www.lifeatpetsmart.com/life-at-petsmart/
- Check out Associate stories and share in some celebrations at PetSmart: https://www.blog.lifeatpetsmart.com/
- Explore PetSmart Benefits here: https://benefits.petsmart.com/
- If you don't already live in the Phoenix area here's a guide to the area: Welcome to Phoenix Guide