About the Team
Our Proprietary Brands team focuses on building brands that are exclusive to PetSmart and that pet parents and pets love. Our team partners with product development, merchandising, product design, product integrity and global sourcing to bring the brand essence to life in product form.
About the Location
This position is considered to be Fully Onsite, work is to be done onsite at a PetSmart location (Phoenix Home Office, PetSmart stores, Merchandise Development Center, Distribution Centers or another PetSmart site).
About the Job
The Food Safety team supporting Distribution Centers are responsible for monitoring and auditing facility operations and processes which includes: Providing leadership, direction, education, execution and solutions of all food safety functions, Regulatory food safety compliance, Asset Protection (inventory losses), investigate, communicate and provide sustainable solutions to resolve product quality concerns, and continuously verify proper preventive controls are being executed to protect the value of our brand and the quality of products that are distributed to retail locations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in Food Safety and or Manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, microbiology or related field-preferred
- Preventive Control Qualified Individual (PCQI)-strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of food safety product sampling plans.
- ACE Certification-preferred
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations.
- Self-motivated and time management skills.
- Effective written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Requires analytical and problem-solving skills to analyze data for trends and translate into actionable business recommendations.
- Candidate must have strong human relations skills to build effective relationships with peers, leadership and contracted providers.
TECHNOLOGY & EQUIPMENT
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams
- Proficiency with other computer applications and programs
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment
Minimal; May occasionally demonstrate duties by lifting and/or moving product weighing up to 60 lbs.
Incumbent is required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The incumbent frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate may be required to climb, balance, ascend/descend, or operate the following: ladder, cherry picker and boom lift or scissor lift, reach truck, dock stocker or other equipment within the location. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and equipment. The work environment can be dusty. The noise level in the work environment may be loud and temperatures may be extreme (hot or cold). Incumbents may be exposed to hazardous materials, i.e. cleaning supplies, shampoos, battery acid, etc. If working in a Fish Department, the associate will be exposed to a damp and humid environment with frequent exposure to water and aquatic animals.
About the Culture
At PetSmart, we work hard to create a culture where every associate feels like they truly belong and we celebrate the unique stories, backgrounds, and experiences our associates share. These experiences not only bring new perspectives in shaping our Belonging culture but they’re core to PetSmart’s success.
Not sure if you meet 100% of the position requirements and whether you should apply? We’d still like to hear from you and encourage you to apply with us! You just may be the ideal candidate for this role, and if not this one, perhaps another position.
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- On-site Dog Park
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- On-site coffee bar
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility (associate paid)
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart here: https://www.lifeatpetsmart.com/life-at-petsmart/
- Check out Associate stories and share in some celebrations at PetSmart: https://www.blog.lifeatpetsmart.com/
- Explore PetSmart Benefits here: https://benefits.petsmart.com/
- If you don't already live in the Phoenix area here's a guide to the area:Welcome to Phoenix Guide
PetSmart provides an equal opportunity for all associates and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.