workability is seeking an extraordinary person to work with extraordinary people.
We anticipate additional business contracts to start in Spring 2024, and are seeking an independent contractor to join our dynamic team.
This is an ideal position for someone who seeks and values a great deal of flexibility, personal autonomy, and would like to set their own schedule working 10-15 hours per week on average.
As a job coach / peer navigator, you'll develop coaching plans, assist with goal setting, teach effective job tasks, and support people with disabilities.
Here's what we're looking for:
Education: Associate's Degree from an accredited community college or vocational school. A minimum of two years' work experience working with people, along with:
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- High comfort level speaking with and interacting with a wide variety of people from different backgrounds, and individuals who live with a disability.
- Experience in employment planning, human resources, special education or social services are helpful and important, but not required.
- The ability to work independently and problem solve within the program parameters.
- Intermediate computer skills and a high comfort level of working in web-based platforms and video-conference programs such as Zoom or Google Meets.
- The ability to pass a state or federal background check.
We're willing to train the right person, so if this sounds interesting, please apply!